|This article is a stub. Please help the KND Code Module by expanding it. Thank you!|
- "You're gonna need super powers to stop me!"
– Common Cold
The Common Cold is an eternally ill villain who wishes to spread his cold to everyone else in the world. He uses a machine to fire mucus from his nose at his enemies. He can routinely be defeated with orange juice.
The Common Cold grew up with at least one sibling, through whom he would later get a niece, Anna Worthington. At some point in his adult life, the Common Cold caught the common cold and could not get rid of it. Convinced he got the cold from kids, he gave himself the name "The Common Cold" and planned to make every kid in the world sick (Top Secret Files).
Fighting the Kids Next Door
The Common Cold first appears in Operation: T.O.M.M.Y., in which Numbuh Two's brother, Tommy, aids the Common Cold out of jealousy for the KND, building a machine for him that transforms him into the "Flu Bug". Numbuh Two's mother used chicken soup to counter the machine and defeat the villain. The Common Cold never got a starring role in an episode again, but made several minor appearances. He is the boss of Operation: S.N.O.T.B.O.M.B.E.R. in Operation: V.I.D.E.O.G.A.M.E.. In Operation: S.N.O.W.I.N.G., it is revealed that he is the uncle of Anna Worthington, and was responsible for making Numbuh 1 sick to keep him from interfering with Jimmy's plans.
- His voice is an impression of Steve Buscemi.
- The Common Cold's weaknesses include chicken soup and Vitamin C. However, even though some products claim it does, Vitamin C does not treat or cure the Common Cold.
- The Common Cold's jetpack resembles a green propane tank.
- His voice actor, Tom Kenny, also voices a character from the game "Escape From Monkey Island" called Deadeye Dave who had a cold and as a result, the two sound very similar.
- In Operation: T.O.M.M.Y., the Common Cold says a hidden curse word.